Mold doesn't have to be a scary thing!
In recent years, mold seems to be a buzzword in DIY world that people freak out about. They make you feel like it is everywhere in your home! There is no need to freak out but instead become informed.
Mold is naturally occurring and as the years progress our houses become better sealed up from outside air. This reduces ventilation and increases the opportunities for mold to occur if the environment is warm, wet or humid.
Mold on drywall and wood can be dealt with by removing and replacing the affected area and is a great solution as long as the humidity, water leaks and temperature is taken care of. The most important factor with removing and replacing is that the area is contained and that there are air scrubbers that can clean the air and remove airborne mold spores. If air scrubbers are not used then the removal will allow all the mold spores to become airborne, which can be filtered through an HVAC system all through the house.
Mold on tile and tubs can be treated by store purchased Mold Stain removers. This is only for a small area and these removers should not be used on wood/drywall.
If you watch DIY shows they make you feel like mold is everywhere! We hope that a little information goes a long way to calm your mold fears!
SERVPRO of East Central Waukesha County does free inspections to check on any of your mold concerns, just keep calm and give us a call.